Monday, May 2, 2016

Last Stand at "Controlled Chaos"

So, this is my very last post here at the blog. I started out strong back in 2008 (I had 40 posts that year), but as the years went on and I got further away from shorter works, I found I had less to add to the site. I also noticed that the majority of visitors to the site were either GoogleBots cacheing my pages, or college students reading and/or plagiarizing my own college essays. Maybe if I'd posted more readily or done a little more self-promotion, I would have seen more traffic for my creative pieces. But, ultimately, I have no regrets.

It's been a good run - over 125 posts - and it's been fun to receive the occasional comment. But it's time to wipe the slate (and this site) clean so that I can focus all of my attention on the books I plan to publish over the next few years.

On Monday, May 16th, justinmcfarr.com will direct you away from Controlled Chaos and land at "The Bear Who Broke The World" blog. There, I will be actively blogging, adding to the few posts I have there now about the evolution of my very first novel. Please check it out when you can, as I move toward a 2017 publication with Wheeler Street Press.

I appreciate all the kind words I've received for the posts here. Thanks for all your support over the years.


No comments: