Tuesday, March 16, 2010

NY State Summer Writers Institute

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!

So it's nice to have something extraordinary to announce here on this blog. The last biggie was my acceptance into USC's MPW program last spring. This time, it's --

I've been accepted to Skidmore College's New York State Summer Writers Institute for two weeks of intensive workshopping and networking. One of my professors from USC nominated me, and after submitting 15 pages of my writing, I got the acceptance notice and scholarship yesterday. I am totally humbled, and really looking forward to this opportunity.

I'll be spending the last part of June and the first bit of July in Saratoga Springs, NY on the Skidmore College campus. There I'll be studying with both Joseph O'Neill (NETHERLAND) and Allan Gurganus (OLDEST LIVING CONFEDERATE WIDOW TELLS ALL) in two separate workshops. Other writers who will be there at the College during that session: Jim Shepard (PROJECT X), Claire Messud (THE EMPEROR'S CHILDREN) and Phillip Lopate (TWO MARRIAGES).

I CAN'T WAIT!

No comments: